BEME International Collaborating Centre (BICC)
The Centres for Evidence Based Healthcare (CEBHC) and Health Professions Education (CHPE) coordinate the Stellenbosch University BICC. The Best Evidence Medical Education (BEME) Collaboration is an international group of individuals, universities and professional organisations committed to the development of evidence informed education in the medical and health professions.
The work of the BICC fits into the scope of the Faculty’s strategic vision. Drawing on our experience and expertise in health professions education, editorial functions, promoting the use and conduct of systematic reviews, our contribution to the BEME Collaboration includes:
- Contribution to the identification and conceptualisation of relevant topics for new systematic reviews
- Promoting the use of systematic reviews to inform medical and health professions education
- Contributing to editorial roles and functions of BEME review groups
- Providing mentorship and support for the conduct of new BEME reviews
- Seeking funds to support the functions of the BICC and conduct of new systematic reviews