The Centre for Evidence-based Health Care (CEBHC), a coordinating and directive centre for research and training in evidence based health care at the Faculty of Medicine and Health Sciences of Stellenbosch University, seeks applications from suitable candidates to promote evidence-based health care (EBHC), conduct and support systematic reviews and relevant research, and promote the use of best evidence in healthcare policy and practice.
The successful candidate will assume responsibility for the following duties:
- Developing and implementing capacity development for EBHC and knowledge translation;
- Design and organisation of new research;
- Providing mentorship and supervision to novice researchers;
- Contribute to disseminating research results using appropriate channels, including peer-reviewed publications, conference presentations and engagement with policy makers and other healthcare decision makers;
- Contribute to the preparation of new grant proposals;
- Supervising postgraduate degree students.
- Postgraduate qualification (MSc in Clinical Epidemiology or EBHC or related degree) (researcher) or PhD (Senior Researcher) with a record of research demonstrated by publications in peer-reviewed journals and collaborations in peer-reviewed funded projects;
- Experience in building capacity for research conduct and dissemination;
- Previous experience in conducting systematic reviews and undertaking meta-analyses;
- Previous experience in the design and analysis of research;
- Experience in managing research projects or research grants;
- Experience in promoting the use of best evidence in healthcare decision making;
- Valid driver’s licence and willingness to travel;
As a prerequisite, the position requires an excellent record of collegiality and collaboration, as well as a comprehensive understanding of research methodologies.
Apply online at www.sun.ac.za/english/careers
Closing date: 13 October 2017
Your application, comprising a comprehensive curriculum vitae (including the names and e-mail address of at least three referees), must reach the University before or on the closing date of the advertised post.